What to do while in quarantine

Evin Nesburn, Editor-in-Chief

While Viewpoint begins to transition to online learning and many students choose to stay home for the most part to promote the wellbeing of the entire community, students may start to feel bored and sluggish over this time period. While not leaving the house definitely contributes to a sense of lethargia, there are ways in which we can combat this and make this a productive time. Below I have listed ten things which you can do while in quarantine:

• Clean! When everything is clean, it is proven that your life feels more in control and in order. This can start with simply making your bed and cleaning up your room. Instead of living in a cluttered and messy environment, make your work environment clean and organized. I guarantee this will lead to your overall well being and make your days more productive.
  • Try new recipes! During this time, most of us will not be going out to eat or even picking up food regularly. This means that you have time to experiment with new recipes and whip up tasty new dishes. Take this time to learn how to cook– it will prove invaluable in college! 
  • Start a new TV show! This is the perfect time to dive into a new Netflix series you’ve been waiting to watch. While you shouldn’t spend all day binging on a new series, take some time for yourself to watch whatever TV show you please. 
  • Clean out your closet! We all have things in our closet that we know we never wear. Take the time to go through your closet and separate the clothes you wear from the ones you don’t. You can even categorize the clothes between donate and sell. Start selling your clothes on sites like Depop and Poshmark to make a little extra money over the break so that you can buy new things! 
  • Have a spa night! Self care is vital to our well-being. Make homemade face masks. Take a bath. Light candles. These are all ways to clear your mind during this stressful time. 
  • Host a themed movie night! Even if you are just watching a movie with your family, hosting a themed movie night is a good way to get your mind off of the situation at hand. Make treats like popcorn and cookies and set up pillows and blankets for a cozy environment. 
  • Try something new! There are plenty of YouTube videos out there to guide you through a plethora of new activities. Try dancing, painting, or a new kind of workout. This is a valuable time to pick up a new hobby or just try something for fun.
  • Take a walk! While it is advised to practice social distancing, it is a good idea to go outside and get some fresh air, just make sure you are keeping your distance from others. This is a great way to clear your mind and feel like you are less trapped inside.
  • Try a DIY trend! Whether this is making a bath bomb, a new recipe, or a face mask, there are lots of DIY trends out there. This is a good way to try something new during this downtime.
  • Get work done! Don’t let quarantine take away from the work you have. Viewpoint still expects students to be present in online class and do the homework assigned. While we have this extra time, get work done and catch up on any missing assignments.